Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Sun

Well, after what seems like months of rain and clouds it seems like summer might actually have arrived. The last few days have been more or less rain free and the clouds are slowly starting to reveal the blue sky behind them. Unfortunately the evenings still manage to muster enough clouds to prevent any serious stargazing. So today I took advantage of the warm summer weather to do some solar observing.

Its ironic but the sun is one of my favorite targets. There is so much detail and structure that just isn't apparent on other celestial bodies. This is particularly true with my PST. I managed to take some decent HA videos but only one of them actually processed decently. Still, I'm hopefully that the next few weeks will provide more opportunities! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment