Thursday, June 16, 2011

Saturn

Saturn sits just over 1 billion kilometers from Earth at its closest. Its amazing to me that, given the enormous distance away, we are still treated to some absolutely breathtaking views of the ringed planet. Since the rain has more or less stopped over the past few weeks I've been doing my best to get out and take some shots of Saturn. The latest pictures were about 5 minute movies that I shot with a Phillips webcam and stacked together. They turned out reasonably well, but I'm hampered by the relatively small size of the chip in the webcam. I have another idea that I'm going to try (hopefully tomorrow) which is to use a point and shoot camera and try some afocal shots.

Anyway for the time being these are the best shots of Saturn I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment